- NikGapps comes with prebuilt YouTube Vanced and Lawnchair launcher.
- NikGapps packages are created from the apks present in my personal device.
- NikGapps offers separate addon.d scripts for each package that it comes with. Easy to control which package you want to restore after dirty flash!
- NikGapps follows a different partition mounting mechanism.
NikGapps has it's own set of definition of packages defined keeping users feedback in mind.
- NikGapps has it's own implementation of install configuration (defined in NikGapps.config and debloater.config).
- NikGapps offers gms optimization saving your battery so you don't have to worry about google services draining your battery while you are sleeping.
- NikGapps comes with several addon packages for those who only require specific addon and not the whole gapps package.
- NikGapps supports Split Apks!
- NikGapps.config is a configuration file which allows you to configure your installation the way you like. You can skip any Package that you don't want to be part of your installation.
NikGapps.config is placed in
/sdcard/NikGappsfolder automatically after first install with all the packages enabled for installation.
If you want to configure the installation with your very first
installation, extract NikGapps.config from the gapps zip and place
- Edit the file and set 0,1,2 against the package that you want to configure, save the file, flash the gapps.
NikGapps installer recognizes 3 config values
-> 0 (Skip the package)
-> 1 (install the package and delete corresponding aosp app)
-> 2 (install the package and do not delete corresponding aosp app)
For e.g. if you want to skip GoogleContacts during the installation, the
config should read
if you want to install GoogleContacts and remove Aosp Contacts, config should read
if you want to install GoogleContacts and keep Aosp Contacts, config should read
All the lines starting # in config file are comments. Adding
comments (#) in front of Package name will not skip it's
# YouTube=0will not skip the installation.
- 'ExtraFiles' Package in NikGapps.config is not GoogleFiles. it is a package of set of important files for gapps installations. Never skip that
Debloater config is a configuration that allows you to remove files/folders from system. You can
file named debloater.config in
/sdcard/NikGappsfolder and add the folder name/file path that you want to remove and flash latest version of Debloater Zip.
- Debloater recognizes the folder names that you want to delete in priv-app or app folder.
You can Just enter the name of the folder you want
to delete. For e.g. YouTube. This would remove the YouTube folder
wherever it is located in
If you want to delete a specific file/folder you can enter full
path. For e.g.
However, the above one wouldn't work in case of SAR device since the
partition path you're looking for can be
/system/system/app/YouTube(Hence use the Folder method).
- This is discontinued since newer twrp doesn't work with aroma and eventually it will be deprecated
- More details here
- For dialer related problems, make sure to set it as default Phone app in Settings - Apps & Notifications - Default apps
- Connect to any wifi
- Go to wifi settings and change the wifi type to unmetered
- Complete the setup
- Here's How You Can Fix It
- Open Settings app
- Click on Apps & Notification
- Check all permissions for GooglePlayServices, whether allowed or not. If all permission denied, Allow them
- On upper right corner there is a three dot menu. Click on Show system app
- Search for Google Contacts Sync app
- Check whether Contacts permission is allowed or not for that app. If disabled, please allow Contacts permission so that it can Sync Google Contacts
- A restart maybe required
- Connect your computer with your device and execute the following command from adb
bmgr backupnow --all
- if it's shows Transport error, do
bmgr backupnow appdataand repeat the previous command once more
- If something is wrong with installation, addon.d, debloater, pull the installation logs and share it with us
- How to pull the installation logs?
Find the tar.gz file from /sdcard/NikGapps/logs folder generated after your recent installation and share it with us here
- How to report a crash?
Pull logcat using matlog app or any other app related to logcat that you prefer and share it with us along with logs generated in
- How to report an issue related to debloater?
For issues related to debloater, grab the debloater.config and share it with us along with the logs from
- How to report an issue with dirty installation and ota survival?
Pull AddonLogs from
/sdcard/NikGappsfolder, zip them and share it with us
- How to take logcat if you face bootloop?
If something is wrong with your device not booting up, try booting it without gapps to ensure the bootloop is sure to gapps
If you narrow the root cause down to gapps, try to get a logcat during bootloop
Steps to get a logcat during bootloop
- boot into the system while flashing only ROM
- enable debugging in Developer settings
- run adb shell and enable connection on the phone
- reboot to recovery
- dirty flash gapps
- boot and try logcat again
- No! Since android 9 and 10 differs in mounting mechanism, NikGapps follows the right standard based on android version you're installing the packages in.
- Flashing android 9 package in 10 and vice-versa will install the app normally. However, it won't work fine after dirty flash. It is recommended to flash appropriate package depending on android version.
Pixel Launcher requires overlay changes which are not part of gapps yet.
Sure! :) Just find the Donate button!
Sitting somewhere in the corner and rooting her device? ;)